This Policy applies to Tremendous and our website, emails we send, as well as the information we collect when you interact with us through other websites and online services. It does not apply to Giftrocket.com or other non-Tremendous websites and mobile applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
Types of Information Collected
Tremendous collects data from and about both its corporate clients (“Clients”) and the individuals to whom they provide rewards and incentives (“Rewardees”).
Information You Give Us: If you are a client, when you create a corporate account with Tremendous, we ask for certain information about the Client’s business. We may also ask for the contact information of certain employees for the purpose of managing your account and delivering the Services. Clients may provide banking information or credit card numbers; we utilize a vendor for credit card processing and only store partial credit card data.
When you choose to provide a reward or incentive, you may be asked to provide certain information about the Rewardee, such as name, email address or phone number. This data is used to notify the Rewardee of the reward and customize its presentation.
If you are a Rewardee, we collect and store any information that you enter on our website. This may include name, mailing address, ZIP code, phone number, date of birth, or email address. Redemption of certain rewards may require you to provide bank account information. Where that occurs, we store the banking information for further use if you receive additional incentives.
Information We Collect Automatically: When anyone interacts with our website, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. This information includes computer and connection information, such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from our Services, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, and device identifiers. This information also may include how you search for our Services, the websites you click on from our Services or emails, whether and when you open our emails, and your browsing activities across other websites.
How We Use and Share Information
We use the information you give us to:
- provide our products and services
- communicate with Clients and Rewardees, including to respond to inquiries and fulfill requests;
- improve our marketing and promotional efforts,
- analyze Website usage and enhance the operation of the Website,
- improve our product and service offerings
- troubleshoot, resolve disputes, accomplish administrative tasks,
- detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
We engage third party service providers to perform functions on our behalf such as: order fulfillment, hosting, content management, technical integration, marketing, analytics, customer service, and fraud protection. For example, we use third parties to process payments made to us and assist with product fulfillment and other operations. Where the type of reward being provided is issued by a bank, we may share information about the Client and/or the Rewardee in order to facilitate compliance with legal obligations.
We may disclose information we collect automatically to third parties who assist us in operating and maintaining the website, or third parties who assist us in serving advertising regarding the Services when you leave the Services.
User Choices on Collection and Use of Information
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Please note that opting-out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. At this time, Tremendous does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Additional Information About our Data Collection and Sharing Practices
We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the Services. We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
We may use or disclose information about you if required to do so by law or on the good-faith believe that such sharing is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or our Services; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Services, or our users; or (c) act to protect the personal safety of our employees and agents, other users of the Services, or members of the public.
Security of Information
We employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies which do the same. Your information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to. We encrypt certain sensitive information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your information is safe as it is transmitted to us. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You are responsible for the security of your information that you transmit to us or view, download, or otherwise access when using unencrypted, public or otherwise unsecured networks.
Users in the European Union (EEA) and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing: As explained above, we process personal data in various ways depending upon your use of our Services. We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Right to lodge a complaint: Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
Transfers: Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. The laws in the U.S. regarding the collection, use, and storage of data may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using our Services, you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States.
Individual Rights: If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights pursuant to the General Data Protect Act. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have your data erased from our Services if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing. You have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
- The right to access. You have the right to know what personal data is stored and to ensure that such personal data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which Tremendous collected it. You may review your own personal data stored and processed by Tremendous, correct, erase, or block any data that is incorrect, as permitted by applicable law and Tremendous policies. Upon reasonable request, Tremendous allows you access to your personal data, in order to correct or amend such data where inaccurate. You may edit your personal data by logging into your account profile, if applicable, or by contacting Tremendous by email. In making modifications to your personal data, you must provide only truthful, complete, and accurate information. Tremendous will track each of the following and will provide notice to the appropriate parties under law and contract when either of the following circumstances arise: (a) legally binding request for disclosure of the personal data by a law enforcement authority unless prohibited by law or regulation; or (b) requests received from you. Tremendouswill endeavor to respond in a timely manner to all reasonable written requests to view, modify, or inactivate personal data.
Tremendous agrees to never sell any personal information submitted by Clients or Rewardees. This applies to any future mergers, acquisitions, or bankruptcy proceeding for any other party involved.
For Questions, or to Report a Problem
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:GiftRocket, Inc
Mailing Address: 1592 Union St, Ste 502, San Francisco, CA 94123
Email: [email protected]
Last revised 6/7/2018